Do you love pumpkins, but are discouraged by the thought of having to dig them? We’ve found the ultimate tip to hollow it out easily, without risking cutting yourself and turning your kitchen into a crime scene…
“When do we dig? squash ?“, Every year, as Halloween approaches, it’s the same story: You have to dig and then carve a basic pumpkin. It’s a supposedly fun moment that often turns into a nightmare! You repeatedly failed to leave your finger there She tries to get her meat back, but the gamble is worth the effort: it turns out delicious served in soup or gratin! However, there is A very simple technique for hollowing out a pumpkin ! Spoiler: But why didn’t we think of it sooner?
How to hollow out a pumpkin easily and quickly?
How many times have you ended up digging pumpkins directly by hand, trying your bestTearing off its sticky, sticky strands ? Through good faith you were able to empty it completely, but it took you a lot of time (too much). Maybe it is You’re going about this the wrong way… We often have a reflex of cutting the lid of a pumpkin and then removing its flesh. However, you will have to do the opposite process by cutting off the bottom of the pumpkin! Heres how to do it:
- Cover your work surface with newspaper, this will allow you to do this Pick up trash effortlessly After cutting.
- Draw a circle on the base of your pumpkin and Cut it with a hacksaw knife.
- Using a ladle or tablespoonCollect the meat by scraping it directly towards you. This will be achieved more easily, no need to use a knife!
You will be able to restore pumpkin flesh while saving your efforts to improve it in many recipes!
Easy pumpkin gratin recipe
For a little change from traditional pumpkin soup Here’s a simple gratin recipe!
- 800 grams of cooked and chopped pumpkin meat
- 1 chopped onion
- 60g bread crumbs + 40g for plate
- 60 grams of parmesan
- 1 egg
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
Steps to make easy pumpkin gratin
- Preheat your oven to 150°C.
- Saute the onions in a pan with butter.
- In a salad bowl, put the pumpkin pureeBreadcrumbs, eggs, parmesan and onions. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and mix.
- Pour the mixture into a gratin mold previously greased with butter Cover with bread crumbs. Put a few cubes of butter on the surface and bake For 35 minutes at 150°C.
Good appetite !