Have you ever thought about combining chestnuts with the classic of French gastronomy, crème brûlée? If not, get ready to taste the fall in the mold! We bet this dessert will become a seasonal favorite!
there Kesterd sweetened caramelizedThis particularly creamy dessert is appreciated by all gourmets. Beneath its crunchy sugar and caramel crust, it conjures finesse French cooking. This is done by linking it to chestnuta symbolic component of to’autumnyou will get Seasonal version Which is out of the ordinary (everything we like). This incorporates a creamy sweetness sweet With earthy notes of chestnut. The result ? Crunchy, melting and… absolutely delicious!
Ingredients for chestnut creme brulee for 4 people
Ready to take on the challenge Crème brûlée revisited ? Before jumping into the recipe, hoist your sails with these essential ingredients:
- 500 ml of liquid cream
- 6 yolk ;
- 1 vanilla pod;
- 100 grams of chestnut puree:
- 100 grams of sugar
- Brown sugar for caramel.
- A few pieces of candied chestnuts (optional).
Preparation steps for a successful 100% chestnut creme brûlée
If the idea of making crème brûlée intimidates you, rest assured, it’s not as complicated as it seems! To enjoy the fun of crumbling the top layer of crème brûlée with a spoon, don’t skip any of the following steps:
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Boil the cream with vanilla, leave for 10 minutes, then add the puree. Chestnut.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until they turn white.
- Pour the hot cream over the egg and sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture into the molds and cook at 150°C for 40-45 minutes in a water bath until the creams jiggle slightly in the middle.
- We take it out of the oven and leave it until it cools, then put it in the refrigerator for at least two hours. (It is important to let the creme brûlée cool and set in the refrigerator before caramelizing.)
- Sprinkle with Brown sugarCaramelized with a blowtorch and garnished with candied chestnuts.
If you don’t have a blowtorchSure, you can Use your oven. Apply your creams Under the grill for a few minutesAnd monitor cooking carefully. With this good fall tasting crème brûlée, enjoy the season!