Tired of soggy French fries? Learn how to make it crispy. A simple tip that will make even the most hesitant people love vegetables!
Often times, when you cook sweet potato fries in the oven, They are soft, but not crunchy As you hoped. The same applies to potatoes or other vegetables such as carrot :The result is sometimes disappointing. Disappointed, you then opt for pan-cooking, which is much creamier… However, there is a very simple trick to making oven-fried sweet potatoes crispy every time!
How do you get extra crispy sweet potatoes in the oven?
Even your fries sweet potato Crispy in the oven as well as in the pan, there are three basic things to apply:
- Cut the tuber vegetables into equal slices: It’s important that the fries are the same size so they cook evenly! Otherwise, thin potatoes will be charred while thick potatoes lack char. to cook.
- Arrange the fried potatoes well on the plate: The potatoes should not touch each other, otherwise they will become mushy.
- Cover the potatoes with the mixture: Simply by spraying your friesolive oilThey will get soft in the oven and you won’t get that crispy crust. To make really crispy French fries, you need to coat them in a mixture made of olive oil and other dry ingredients such as Parmesan cheese Grated cornstarch.
Steps to get extra crispy french fries
Here you will need a baking tray lined with parchment paper, a large dough preparation bowl, a cutting board, and a sharp knife.
- Peel and rinse the sweet potatoes. Cut it into thin, even slices.
- Preparing the dough: In a bowl, mix olive oil, grated Parmesan, Corn flourOnion and garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients well until you get a fairly liquid dough.
- Pour the fried sweet potatoes into a salad bowl and serve Mix well to cover it with this paste.
- Spread them out on the baking tray, making sure to leave some space between them so they don’t touch each other.
- Bake it for 30 minutes at 200°C and Turn the potatoes halfway through the cooking process.
With this tip, your sweet potato fries will be extra crispy on the outside and retain all their juiciness on the inside. You can too Use this technique for other vegetables : Carrots, parsnips, beets… enjoy your taste buds!