Want to cook pumpkin differently than soup? Here’s an innovative recipe that’ll please: Simon Usher’s irresistible pumpkin muffins.
This chef reinterprets the Oynon episodes with squash ! Yes, squash isn’t always meant to end up in soup or puree. The evidence is with these Delicious pumpkin pancakes with Asian sauceAn easy and fun recipe to prepare with the family. For a vegetarian appetizer or side dish that’s different from the norm, these Cakes It will be unanimous at the table! Discover the recipe from Chef Simon Usher
Ingredients for Chef Simon Usher’s Pumpkin Muffins
Here are the ingredients for about 4 people.
- 1 pumpkin
- 1 plate of flour
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sweet pepper
- Salt, pepper
- 1 Greek yogurt
- White and black sesame seeds
- frying oil
For the sauce:
- 1 box of honey
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch of soy sauce
- 1 green onion
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
Chef Simon Usher’s Pumpkin Muffins Steps
For this recipe, you will need a fairly deep skillet, a baking rack, 3 soup bowls and an apron.
- In the first panel, Mix flour and spices. In the second, Greek yogurt, and in the third, black and white sesame.
- Peel and cut approximately 1.5 cm thick rounds of pumpkin. Remove the seeds For the center.
- Dip the slices in the seasoned flour, then in the yogurt, and finish with the sesame mixture. Washers must be completely covered.
- In the fried, Heat a base of neutral oil over medium heat. When the oil boils, place the pumpkin slices in the pan.
- Flip the donuts when the sesame is well toasted. When golden on each side, set aside on a rack, then on absorbent paper.
- Preparing the sauce: In a bowl, put the honey, then add all the other liquid ingredients, and mix them well. Finish with green onions and chopped mint..
Generously dip these muffins into the sauce and enjoy!