Do you like the intro? This garlic bread might make you even crazier! Chef Julien Dupuis revisits this Vendée specialty in an easy and completely irresistible homemade version.
Are you hosting your friends over for an aperitif? Instead of rushing to the supermarket The closest place to buy Prevo is already ready and packaged in plastic, try this homemade recipe! Unlike traditional prefou basedgarlic The chef uses candied garlic. It’s enough to make even the angriest garlic person give up! Here is his recipe.
Ingredients for Julien Dupuy Garlic Bread
This recipe too The opportunity to recycle dry bread a little ! Ideally, choose rustic or sourdough bread, but if you have a baguette that’s starting to dry out, this may also solve the problem.
- 1 country bread cut into slices
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch of chopped parsley
- 1 handful of chopped chives
- 6 to 8 whole heads of garlic
- 2 pinches of Espelette pepper
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stick of butter 250 grams
Steps to prepare Julienne Dubuis garlic bread
For this recipe, equip yourself with a casserole or ovenproof dish, a large salad bowl, and a cutting board.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator and cut it into small cubes.
- Cut off the ends of the garlic heads So they can confit more easily.
- In a casserole dish, place the thyme, rosemary, bay leaf and garlic heads cut side up. Add chili pepper, salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil Bake covered for 1 hour.
- Mix the softened butter with a little cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, parsley and chives. After the garlic is completely preserved, Collect its pulp Add it to the butter, and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C this time.
- Spread the bread slices with garlic butter Bake it for 5 minutes. Spray the toast with melted butter halfway through the cooking process.
Keep the toast on a board until it cools slightly, then cut it in half and enjoy!