Chef Cyril Lignac prepares a lively salad with candied sand carrots with citrus and spices! So, does this appeal to you?
Who said salads can’t be delicious? Certainly not Cyril Legnac! on from right to leftThe chef shared his generous salad Carrots preserved in citrus juice And spices. They are all served warm with a few pieces of avocado and fresh goat cheese. This is a perfect recipe for storing energy!
Ingredients for Candied Carrot Salad with Citrus by Cyril Lignac
Here the chef advises using carrot From the sand, which offers tender meat and a particularly delicious flavour.
- 500 grams of carrots in bunches of the same size
- 1 small handful of roasted peanuts
- 4 Orange
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 lawyer
- 1 small fresh goat cheese
For the marinade:
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Orange juice
- Lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fine salt and freshly ground pepper
- Carrot juice for cooking
Prepare Cyril Lignac’s Citrus Candied Carrot Salad
For this recipe, equip yourself with a frying pan, a gratin dish, a large salad bowl, and a citrus press.
- Clean the carrots well using a vegetable brush.
- Cook the carrots whole in a pot beforehandBoiling water for 10-12 minutes. We keep it in an oven dish.
- Preparing the marinade: Mix cumin, chili pepper, olive oil, minced garlic, sugar and citrus juice.
- Pour this marinade over the carrots, add the thyme, mix well and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and bake the carrots for 30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Preparing the vinaigrette: Collect the carrot juice in a salad bowl and squeeze the cooked citrus over it. Add olive oil and white vinegar and season.
- Remove the orange slices, and cut the avocado and fresh goat cheese into cubes.
In a large serving dish, place the carrots, goat cheese pieces and avocado, drizzle with the vinaigrette and finish with the peanuts. Treat yourself!