The Top Chef nominee’s vegan bourguignon recipe has nothing to envy about the traditional version! Discover her delicious meat-free recipe…
I want Burgundy Really greedy vegetarian? You’re in the right place: Albany Offray, the breakout candidate for Season 14 of Top Chef, is in for a treat Its meatless version of the classic beef bourguignon. Here’s his super convenient recipe!
Ingredients of Albanian Overy Vegetarian Bourguignon
In this recipe, the chef does not seek to replace the meat with any meat substitute made from soy or other plant proteins. Here you use vegetables that are served when cooked Tender texture like long cooked meat : Celery! Below are enough ingredients to serve at least 4 people.
- 400 grams of button mushrooms
- 500 grams of celery cubes
- olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 chopped onions
- 2-3 cups of red Burgundy wine
- 1 bunch of parsley + a little for dressing
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt, pepper
Albany Offray Burgundy Plant Steps
For this recipe you will need a large frying pan and a deep frying pan.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters Fry it in a frying pan with a piece of butter. When they start to turn brown, deglaze them with a glass of red wine. Cook until completely reducedAdd the chopped parsley at the end and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt a piece of butter again with a little olive oil. Saute the chopped onions and Once they start to caramelizeDeglaze with a splash of red wine.
- In a pot, sauté diced celery with a nice knob of butter. Stir regularly until well browned on all sides. When they are brown, Deglaze with a glass of red wine. Add a clove of chopped garlic and a bay leaf, season and simmer over low heat. The celery should be tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and Assemble the three preparations In the casserole.
Serve this celery bourguignon with pureeSprinkle with a little chopped parsley, and it’s ready!