Forget all your preconceived notions, this celery recipe prepared by Philip Etchebeste has nothing to do with the one you ate in the canteen. Find out how the chef reinterprets this classic game in his own way!
Not a fan celery And even less celery remoulade? This explanation by Chef Philippe Echebeste could make you change your mind about this somewhat outdated salad, which is often abused in school cafeterias… Here, Philip Achebest Awakens the taste of celery By adding a lot of activity Thanks to two components…
Ingredients for celery recipe from Philip Achbest
The chef’s secret to reshaping celery? It has sourness and a tangy side with green apple and lemon! Below are the quantities you will need Treating 6 people.
- 500 grams of celery root
- 2 green Granny Smith apples
- 10 sprigs of fresh chives
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of whole grain mustard
- 2 egg yolks
- 15 grams of whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons of white alcoholic vinegar
- 20 centiliters of sunflower oil
Preparing celery reconstituted by Philippe Etchebest
For this recipe, you’ll need a peeler, mandoline, or sharp knife!
- Cut the celery into 4 to peel it more easily.
- Grate it well with a mandolineOr, otherwise, cut them with a knife and keep them in a salad bowl.
- We wash the apples and cut them with a mandolin without peeling them. Sprinkle them with lemon juice To prevent it from oxidizing, combine it with celery.
- Chop the chives and add them to the rest of the ingredients. You can also choose Chervil or coriander if you prefer.
- Preparing mayonnaise: In a bowl, put the egg yolks, mustard, salt and vinegar. Whisk vigorously, then add the oil gradually, and continue whisking until the mayonnaise thickens.
- Critical step: Mix mayonnaise and celery well with clean hands Or with gloves. This is necessary so that the celery is well attached and the sauce does not fall to the bottom of the bowl.
Serve immediately or let the dish rest until the celery sauce has softened.