Kimchi is the spicy Korean condiment you need to know about. It easily seasones rice, fried eggs or meat. Learn how to prepare homemade kimchi in just a few steps with Cyril Legnac’s recipe.
Kimchi is part of the culinary identity in Korea. It’s more than just a recipe, it’s a fermentation technique that Koreans have long used to preserve vegetables. Today, you can find it everywhere in Korean restaurants. This spicy paste is served in a small bowl As an accompaniment to bibimbap for example. It is most often prepared with cabbage, but it can also be prepared with other vegetables such as carrots, cucumbers, radishes, etc. The most important thing is the spice dose, and that’s where it lies The secret to good kimchi ! Find out how to make homemade kimchi with Recipe by Cyril Legnac.
Ingredients for Kimchi Cyril Legnac
To make kimchi in the rules of art, you need to do A trip to an Asian grocery store To find specific items such as tamari sauce.
- 2 Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 250g grated fresh ginger
- 50g palm sugar or muscovado sugar loaves
- 35g sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 75 grams of grated carrot
- 45 grams of fine salt
- 8 cases of gochugaru or Pepper in powder
- 65 ml of fish sauce
- 65 ml of tamari
- 75 grams of grated daikon radish
- 1 nashi pear, sliced
The preparation of kimchi by Cyril Legnac
For this recipe, you’ll need a large sink, large salad bowl, blender, frying pan, and disposable gloves to avoid the risk of burning yourself with the chili.
- Cut the cabbage in half lengthwise. We remove the hearts, cut them into thin slices and put them in the sink. Sprinkle with salt and refrigerate overnight.
- tomorrow, Describe the cabbage and squeeze it by hand To remove excess water, but do not put it under water. Put it in a bowl large enough to add the rest of the food.
- In a blender, mix garlic, hot pepper gochugaru and fresh ginger to form a smooth paste. Break the sugar loaf into pieces. In a saucepan, gently melt it into the fish sauce to avoid losing the volume of the sauce. Melt it with the tamari, then pour the preparation into the blender and blend.
- Pour the mixture over the cabbage. Wear gloves and stir briskly with hands. Add the onion, radish, carrot and pear and mix gently. Pour into sterile jars.
This will be the spice Perfect for seasoning fried rice with a fried egg ! Store it in the refrigerator, it can keep for 6 months, but be careful, the longer you wait, the stronger the kimchi will be!