Want a hot and delicious starter? You are in the right place! Chef Cyril Lignac challenged himself to prepare his famous dipped shells by tweaking his sauce recipe. Here’s his recipe!
We’re familiar with Picard’s crunchy breadcrumb-coated shells. What if we told you that the homemade version was better? Learn how to prepare it yourself with Cyril Lignac’s recipe shared on from right to left.
The ingredients of Cyrille Lignac shells are infused with fish
Below are the ingredients you will need to provide 4 to 5 people. Here, the chef uses fish, but you can of course add scallops when they’re in season, between October 1 and mid-May!
- 250 grams of white pollock fish
- 1 onion
- 50 grams + 30 grams butter
- 50 grams of flour
- 5 centiliters of liquid cream
- 2 leek whites, washed
- olive oil
- 1 liter of court broth
- 1 yellow lemon
- 50 grams of fine bread crumbs
- Fine salt and freshly ground pepper
Preparing grilled shells with fish by Cyril Lignac
For this recipe, you will need 4 or 5 empty, clean scallops, two pots and a colander.
- Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and chop them finely.
- In a hot frying pan, put a little olive oil and 30 grams of butter. Add the shallots and salt and let them melt over low heat For 20 minutes.
- Preparing fish broth: In a pot, brown a few fish bones with chopped onions, then add the broth and leave for 20-30 minutes. Filtering and reservation.
- Cut the fish into large cubes. Dip the fish cubes into the pan with the broth Hot and drained. Let them cook for 4 minutes on very low heat. Drain it and place it on a clean cloth.
- Preheat the oven in grill mode to 230°C.
- In a second pan, Make a roux using 50g of butter and flour. Pour a little fish stock on top and stir. Cook for a few minutes then add the crème fraiche and lemon juice.
- In the shells, spoon the leek fondue, place the fish pieces on top, top with the sauce, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Add 4 to 5 small pieces of butter, Or approximately 5 grams per person.
- Bake in grill mode for 7 minutes.
Once out of the oven, squeeze lemon juice over the grated shells and enjoy!