Cyril Lignac brings you his modified version of shepherd’s pie: an autumnal recipe that combines the sweetness of sweet potatoes with the character of duck!
What if we changed it up a little from the classic shepherd’s pie? This is the brilliant idea proposed by Cyril Legnac from right to left ! Here the chef presents to you A variation on the traditional recipe that doesn’t lack character : Replace potatoes with sweet potatoes to add a sweet dimension and replace beef Minced meat is commonly used in duck confit. Contrast in flavors is up to the mark! Discover Cyril Lignac’s recipe.
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Pie and Duck Shepherd’s Pie by Cyril Lignac
To add more softness to the minced meat, The chef adds an unusual ingredient : Subordinate Mushrooms from Paris ! It enhances the soft, comforting side of the ground beef and adds a more autumnal flavor to the recipe. Below are the quantities you will need to serve about 4 people.
- 2 confit legs a duck
- 4 washed mushrooms
- 1 bunch of chives
- 100 grams of butter
- 50 centiliters of liquid cream
- olive oil
- 1 peeled onion
- 3 ripe tomatoes (or canned peeled tomatoes)
- 600 grams of sweet potato
- 40 centiliters of stock cube
- 1 piece parmesan
- Fine salt and freshly ground pepper
Preparing Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potatoes and Duck by Cyril Lignac
For this recipe you will need Cook the sweet potatoes in the oven completely for one hour at a temperature of 190 degrees Celsius To extract the pulp. “This makes it possible to obtain Mashed potato Concentrated and not saturated with water“, comments the chef.
- Collect the sweet potato flesh and place it in a pot with ghee And 20 centiliters of chicken broth. Season and let everything melt over low heat. Mix well to get a smooth puree.
- Preheat The oven is in grill mode at 240 degrees Celsius.
- In a saucepan, pour the cream and reduce it by half, add the grated Parmesan and mix well. If you prepare the ground beef the day before for the next day, Make the Parmesan frosting the same dayBecause it doesn’t get cold!
- Chop the onions, chop the mushrooms, and cut the tomatoes into slices. In a hot casserole dish, sauté the onions over low heat with a drizzle of olive oil, then add the mushrooms and sauté until the water evaporates. Add tomatoes and broth and cook for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the duck legs into small cubes. Add it without the fat and continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a plate, distribute the duck filling. Add the sweet potato puree on top and then top with the Parmesan cream.
- Bake for 4 minutes in broiler mode until browned.
Served with arugula salad with vinegar and sprinkled on it Chives Engraved and enjoy!