Cyril Lignac brings you a typical Mexican recipe: mole, a very aromatic condiment that goes great with grilled poultry or vegetables! Discover his recipe.
More than just a condiment recipe, mole is part of Mexico’s culinary identity. This is amazing sauce Thick, spicy and sweet, Enjoyed in every Mexican home. There are many different mole recipes, such as mole poblano, which is a type that includes cocoa. Discover the secrets of this mysterious (and highly addictive) Mexican sauce shared by Cyril Lignac from right to left.
Ingredients to prepare Cyril Lignac mole
Cyril Lignac recommends using this sauce to accompany oven-roasted cauliflower. Once they are roasted, all you have to do is Separate the tops and dip them into the mole !
- 4 centiliters of olive oil
- 2 fleshy tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 chopped onion
- 50 grams sesame seeds
- 15 grams of cumin seeds
- 25 grams of raisins
- 10 red jalapeno peppers
- 100 grams of peeled almonds
- 30 grams of hazelnuts
- 6 cl of pickled water
- 25 grams of fleur de sel
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
Preparing Cyril Lignac mole
For this recipe, you will need a large pot, a blender, a fine sieve, and an airtight container.
- In a pot, put the oil and add the tomatoes, onions, sesame, cumin, bay leaf and thyme. Let it cook for 10 minutes Without coloring.
- Add water, pickle solution, sugar and salt and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove branches and Blend until the mixture is smooth. Pass through a sieve if any pieces remain.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary. Pour the mixture into a container and put it in the refrigerator.
Place it in the refrigerator in an airtight container. This sauce can be kept in the refrigerator for a week.