Half pancake and half pastry, this typically British recipe is perfect for a hearty breakfast or for that popular tea time with a dollop of marmalade! Discover Cyril Lignac’s super easy recipe.
Want an authentic English breakfast? You’re in the right place: Cyril Lignac shared a typical British recipe on from right to left : pancakes! you do not know ? Imagine a plump pie, slightly spongy, soft like a pancake on the inside and crispy on the outside. Although crumpets originated in Wales, they are now very popular in England. Here’s how to make it!
Ingredients for Cyril Lignac pies
The secret of these Small pancakes puff up well ? Mixture of baker’s yeast and chemical yeast!
- 150 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar
- 200 ml of whole milk
- Good salt
- 1 teaspoon of fresh baker’s yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Neutral oil
Preparing Cyril Lignac pancakes
For this recipe, you will need a salad bowl, a large frying pan, and pastry circles 7 to 9 cm in diameter.
- Mix in the crumbled baker’s yeast In a carton of lukewarm milk and let it rest.
- In a large salad bowl, sift the flour and add a pinch of salt. Add the baking powder, sugar, the rest of the warm milk, and the yeast mixed with the milk. Cover with plastic wrap Leave to ferment for 20 to 30 minutes in a warm place, near the oven or radiator, for example. The mixture should be very thick, but easy to pour.
- When the dough is ready, pour a few drops of neutral oil into the pan and Butter the circles. Pour the dough into the middle using a spoon, keeping in mind that it will rise.
- Cook over high heat for about 1 minute, until bubbles begin to form. Reduce the heat and continue cooking for about 4 minutes, until all the bubbles appear. Remove the circles and turn into small pattiesContinue cooking for an additional 30 seconds.
You can serve it with butter and jam or with sour cream and slices of smoked salmon.