It’s finally squash season! Small comfort foods will be rushing into your kitchen this fall…and so will waste. However, everything is eaten in pumpkin! Here’s a smart idea to cook the seeds instead of throwing them away.
Autumn has come, bringing with it… Abundance of pumpkin And cucurbits all types. Did you know it contains a delicious secret? And yes, Do not throw away the pumpkin seeds Which can also become a crunchy accompaniment to enjoy.
An unexpected mine of nutrients
Often overlooked and neglected, the pumpkin seeds However, they are full of unknown flavors and nutritional benefits. These little seeds are rich Fibers And in Metals (Iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium, etc.) provide a large dose of Vitamins A and B. It is also a source Proteins And I have Diuretic properties. Therefore it would be wrong to deprive ourselves of it !
When it comes to cooking, they also deserve your full attention and can add a crunchy, flavorful dimension to your fall dishes. that it Very simple trick. Turn them into candy to sprinkle on soups or salads for an unexpected crunchy touch. You can also snack on delicious pumpkin seeds for a healthy snack or as an appetizer. Discover a Healthy and delicious recipe To cook your own pumpkin seeds.
Go to your stove!
To make this clever recipe, nothing could be easier. Get a strainer, a bowl, and a baking tray. Gather the following ingredients:
- pumpkin seeds (walnut, squashPumpkin… your choice!)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons. coffee Spices of your choice (Paprika, ras el hanout, curry, marjoramFour spices…the number of spoons is adjusted according to the amount of seeds)
- Subordinate Salt flower
- the Pepper
- from’Sun flower oil (orolive If you prefer).
Prepare roasted pumpkin seeds
- After emptying your squash, Collect the seeds and rinse them Well in a strainer underwater To get rid of all the remaining pumpkin flesh.
- Dry it before Let it dry Overnight, or for 8 hours.
- Once the seeds are dried, Preheat your oven to 160°C. In a bowl, mix the pumpkin seeds with spicesa little fleur de sel and pepper.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil, depending on the amount of seeds. Mix the ingredients well, then place everything on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for About fifteen minutes Stir halfway through cooking.
- it’s ready !
Store toasted pumpkin seeds in Airtight container. You will be able to enjoy it for several weeks.
You’ll understand that everything in a pumpkin is recycled and turned into a crunchy companion for maximum enjoyment. So, next time you scoop pumpkin, don’t forget those little bits hidden inside!