This Bulgarian dessert is so soft and quick to prepare, it can even overshadow our cakes! That’s why you should know about “buhti”, delicious Bulgarian cakes.
Bohti is very popular for breakfast in Bulgaria. It’s a paste Between donuts and doughnuts It is fried and served with sugar or honey. So easy to make and simply irresistible, you have every reason to adopt this Bulgarian specialty!
What is bahti in French?
My loveplural buhtaIt is a word derived from a verb Thanks, Means “He or she wakes up“. However, Al-Bahti are Cakes It doesn’t require any proofing time, but it rises very well thanks to the yogurt it contains!
How to eat buhti?
Bahti traditionally Enjoy it for breakfast with a little powdered sugar and/or a drizzle of honey. It can also be enjoyed sweet Or for a fun snack time break. The important thing is to enjoy the bhuti right after cooking, when it is still warm.
How to prepare bhuti?
Sudden craving for soft buns? There is no need to go to the nearest bakery, you can prepare it yourself Only 20 minutes !
Below are the ingredients you will need to prepare about ten bhuti.
- 100 grams of yogurt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 packet of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of liquid vanilla extract
- 300 grams of flour
- frying oil
- 1 box of honey
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
Steps to make buhti
For this recipe, you will need a bowl, a large salad bowl, and a large frying pan.
- In the bowl, start mixing the yogurt with the baking powder to activate it.
- In a salad bowl, put the flour and mix it well. Pour in the baking powder and yogurt mixture. Add the beaten egg on top, then salt and sugar.
- Mix using a whisk Until you get a homogeneous texture. The dough will be a little sticky, this is normal.
- Heat the oil bath and Drop teaspoons of dough inside. Come back after one to two minutes, when the bahti is golden.
- Drain and set aside on absorbent paper.
Sprinkle with powdered sugarDrizzle with a drizzle of liquid honey and enjoy!