It’s impossible not to drool over this cheese-filled Roman dish. You don’t know the space? You’ll tell us some news…
You’re probably familiar with cheese naan, that popular flatbread topped with cheese, which is a must-have in Indian restaurants. Yes, this may be the specialty that introduced you to the art of Indian cooking… Well, there you go Romanian equivalentPlace!
What is the placenta?
easy Comes from Latin Placenta Which designates pie or cake. Very popular in Romania, Moldova and Ukraine, plăcintă A kind of lightly filled briocheWhich can be sweet and garnished with apples or salty and garnished with cheese.
How to eat placenta?
Delicious Plăcintă can be enjoyed as an appetizer with pepper compote or As a dish with fried eggs or grilled vegetables for example. It can also be served as a dessert or breakfast when prepared in a sweet version with yoghurt, raisins or apples.
Delicious placenta recipe with cheese
Below are the quantities you will need to treat at least 8 people.
For the dough:
- 2 packets baker’s yeast
- 345 grams of lukewarm water
- 41 grams of neutral oil
- 445 grams of flour
- 9 grams of fleur de sel
For the filling:
- 200 grams of grated mozzarella
- 225 grams of ricotta
- 225 grams crumbled feta
- 10-15 chopped green onions
- 1 large bunch of chopped dill
- Salt, pepper
Steps to make salty cheese
For this recipe, you will need a large frying pan and two salad bowls.
- in a salad bowl, Mix yeast and water. Add the oil, flour and salt and mix well. The resulting dough should be sticky. Knead the dough with your previously oiled hands until smooth. Adjust by adding a little more flour if necessary. Cover it with a cloth and leave the dough to ferment overnight. In the refrigerator or for two hours in a warm place.
- Preparing the filling: Mix all the filling ingredients in another salad bowl. Season to taste, but be careful, the cheese is already salty.
- After the dough has risen, divide it into 8 pieces and shape them into balls. Lightly flour them and spread them. Add a little filling to the middle and close the dough. Gently spread it to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Toast the cakes in a hot pan For 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until very crispy.
Serve the placenta with fried eggs and dill butter and you’ve got the perfect brunch!