Shortbread cookies are little mini cakes that come straight from Scotland and also… the favorite biscuits from the famous Mercotte company! “I simply love it with good tea,” the star pastry chef of the small screen says in her blog. Discover its recipe step by step.
If these kids Alien Scots are traditionally enjoyed at teatime, and shortcakes can also be used A base for more delicious bars. They are simply delicious, with a hint of flavour Salt flower Which makes all the difference.
On his blogMurcott shares his hit recipe with the film crew Best pastry chefs, In a few simple stepsmake these comforting cookies, just like Queen of pastries ! Here’s how to make a batch to share…or to keep for yourself!
Homemade Mercotte Cake Ingredients
To make 30-40 cookies, you’ll only need a few easy-to-find ingredients in your cupboard!
- 180 grams precise T55
- 150 grams of semi-salted butter
- 1 c. A teaspoon of fleur de sel
- 55 grams of powdered sugar
Go to preparation
Get a salad bowl, a whisk (if you don’t have a robot), two guitar sheets, and a sheet of paper to cook Or silbin paper. Ready, set? bread!
- In the bowl of a food processor or in a bowl, Beat the butter until foamy, For approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the gradually icing sugar Continue whisking for two minutes until the mixture turns white.
- Add the sifted flour and salt until you get a homogeneous dough.
- Spread the dough between two sheets of paper Until it reaches a thickness of one or two centimetres. Leave it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Using convection heat mode.
- Cut the dough into sticks Approximately 2 cm wide and 7 cm long and place on baking paper.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, watching for coloring. Then leave the biscuits to cool Even outside the edges If necessary with a knife to get uniform biscuits.