Chef Philippe Echebeste gives you all his tips for making a beautiful Bordallo tart like a pastry! Discover his recipe for the famous pear cake with irresistible almond cream…
Subordinate pear Fondant dipped in almond cream, all served on a crunchy tart base… Who hasn’t fallen in love with a slice of Bordallo tart before? With recipe and tips from president philip achibest, There is no longer any need to go through the pastry box : Now you can make it yourself! Discover his recipe.
Ingredients for Bordallo Tart by Philippe Echebeste
This great classic of pastry shop French Not to be confused with almond and pear tart ! This includes chopped pears while the Bordallo tart is made from boiled pear halves. Here are the ingredients that will please 8 gourmets.
- ½ Lemon
- 180 grams of powdered sugar
- 70 centiliters of water
- 4 pears
- 20 grams of soft butter
- almonds Pointed (optional)
For short dough:
- 200 grams of flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 cl of water
- 2 pinch of salt
- 100 grams Melted butter
For the almond cream:
- 100 grams of soft butter
- 100 grams of fine sugar
- 150 grams of almond powder
- 2 eggs
- 30 grams of flour
Preparing the Bordallo tart by Philippe Etchebest
Here you will need a food processor, a rolling pin, a whisk, a peeler for cutting the dough, a fork for pricking it, a pie pan and dried beans. to cook white.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Prepare the short crust dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix all ingredients on medium speed. Form the dough into a ball by hand, then Reduce it to a thickness of 1.5 mm On a floured work surface. Grease a tart pan with butter, then place the dough and remove the edges using a knife. Tear the edges and prick the bottom with a fork. Pour dried beans over the top to avoid blisters Bake for 20 minutes until done.
- In a saucepan, heat water, sugar, and salt Lemon juice. When the mixture boils, add the peeled, halved and seedless pears. Let them cook So that the knife can easily pass through their flesh.
- Preparing almond cream: Mix all the ingredients together until you get a smooth cream.
- Spread the almond cream on the tart base. Place the boiled pears, pressing them lightly Bake for 15-20 minutes at 200°C.
- Meanwhile, reduce pear syrup.
And when you come out of the oven Glaze the pears with the syrup Sprinkle it with a little ground almonds. Treat yourself!