François Régis Gaudry shares with you the original recipe for upside-down caramel cream! A very convenient and easy recipe that you can practice at home.
Food critic François Regis Gaudry you all Reveals all the secrets of making real upside-down caramel cream. A very comforting dessert with the sweet childhood charm that the culinary critic inherited from his mother, who actually got it from his grandmother! He tells you all the secrets of this basic recipe for successfully preparing inverted cream at home… absolutely amazing! So, shall we start cooking?
Ingredients for François Régis Gaudry Inverted Caramel Cream
Below are the quantities needed to treat about 4 types of gourmets.
For the cream:
- ½ liter of Fat milk
- 3 whole eggs + 3 yolks
- 80 grams of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Steps to prepare caramelized inverted cream by François Régis Gaudry
For this recipe, you will need a crown mold also called a savarin mold, which is a larger mold to cook In a water bath, a saucepan, a large salad bowl and a whisk.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Let it cool Milk Simmer with vanilla pod seeds. “Be careful, warm does not mean done!“, warns François Régis Gaudry. The milk should be hot enough to infuse the vanilla, but not enough to boil.
- In a bowl, Fail them egg Whole and yolk with 80 grams of sugar Until the mixture turns white.
- Prepare dry caramel: Pour 25 grams of sugar into a heavy-bottomed saucepan and melt over high heat until a transparent syrup is formed without stirring. At this point add the remaining 25 grams of sugarMelt it until you get caramel.
- Prepare a savarin mold (36 x 10 cm) or four individual molds.
- Pour vanilla milk over the boiled eggs Mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the caramel in the mold.
- Place the mold in another larger mold filled with hot water for cooking. Water bath. Bake everything for 30 minutes at 180°C.
And when you come out of the oven Leave to cool and then photograph Refrigerate for at least 3 hours Until it freezes well. Unmold and pour the cream onto a pretty plate when ready to serve, it’s ready!