Is the baguette stale or a little dry? Don’t throw them away, culinary critic François Régis Gaudry explains how to revive them in no time for an aperitif! Discover his recipe.
if for you Baguette From the previous day it started to look boringHere’s the chance to recycle them… and turn them into appetizing French bread! This is the bright idea he proposed François Regis Gaudry. To revive a slightly dry baguette, he takes inspiration from the recipe for préfou, the delicious garlic bread made in the Vendée, to which he adds an ingredient that adds a lot of creaminess… The result? Your wand will have it It has regained all its softness in the core and will be crispy on the outside. Good news, this recipe can be made in literally two strokes of the blender!
Baguette Ingredients Anti-Waste Appetizer by François Régis Gaudry
To add softness to your appetizer baguetteFrançois Regis uses Godry Goat cheese : The famous Saint-Maure de Touraine, a small gray tree trunk containing straw. But you can also use another piece of goat cheese of your choice!
- 1 baguette or day-old bread
- 125 grams Half butter salt
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 piece of Saint-Maur de Touraine or any other piece of goat cheese
Steps to make an anti-waste aperitif baguette by François Régis Gaudry
For this recipe, you will need a food processor or blender, tape, and a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together gheeAnd garlic and parsleyThis is to obtain a homogeneous paste equivalent to snail butter.
- Cut the entire baguette in half lengthwise.
- Spread this herbed butter over the cut crumbs on both sides. If the log of goat cheese has straw (typical for Sainte-Maure de Touraine AOP), remove it with tongs and then Cut the stem into slices of about one centimeter Distribute it over the entire length of the two slices of French baguette.
- Seal the baguette into two parts and wrap it in cling film Until it takes the appropriate shape. We keep it in the refrigerator for about thirty minutes.
- Take the appetizing baguette out of the refrigerator and cut it into 2 cm thick pieces Bake everything for 15 minutes at 180°C.
Enjoy the heat. This recipe can also be used with all kinds of slightly dry breads!