We’re headed to Mexico with this recipe for tuna with sunny side up vegetables from François Régis Gaudry. Discover the recipe and innovative cooking method for Mexican style tuna!
imagine a tuna Seasoned with lemon and coriander Tender to perfection, sunny side up vegetables cooked in their own spicy juice. It’s served cold in salads, when the tuna meat has absorbed all those flavours. An easy and practical recipe that you can prepare in advance to anticipate a busy week!
Ingredients needed to prepare Mexican-style tuna by François Régis Gaudry
For this recipe, ask your fishmonger to provide you with tuna fillets about 1.5 cm thick. It shouldn’t be too thick Gentle cooking It penetrates fish flesh easily.
- 4 tuna slices, 1.5 cm thick
- 2 sweet or white onions (slightly juicy)
- 3 beautiful tomatoes
- 1 pepper
- 1 hot pepper
- 2 organic yellow lemons with thin skin
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 bunches of fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt, pepper
- olive oil
Steps for making Mexican-style tuna by François Régis Gaudry
Here, you will only need a good mixer or blender, a large gratin dish, and cling film.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Cut the onions, peppers, hot peppers, and three large tomatoes into slices, then place them in successive layers in a gratin dish, ending with the tomatoes so they don’t burn. Do not mix, vegetables should be kept in separate layers. Drizzle generously with olive oilSalt and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon and coriander paste: Mix a whole lemon with the zest, peeled lemon (if the lemon is very sweet, you can keep the peel of both), garlic, cumin, and coriander. Until you get a very smooth dough.
- Arrange the tuna steaks in a gratin dish and serve Brush them generously of lemon/cilantro sauce.
- We bury it in the vegetable dish when it comes out of the oven Still very warm. Cover and leave to rest in a cool place for at least 4-5 hours, or overnight if possible. The fish will cook very slowly.
You can leave the tuna in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, and while it is fresh, it will be more tender and more fragrant!