The chef at starred Paris restaurant NE/SO revisits the basic pepper steak in a stunning vegetarian version. Discover his recipe to fool your guests!
No grains, legumes, or other complicated preparations are needed for this vegetarian steak, it’s made with just one ingredient:Eggplant. From these vegetables, Chef Guillaume Sanchez was able to reproduce The smoky taste of the steak and its smooth textureAs juicy as can be. Are you ready to wow your guests? Heres how to do it.
Ingredients for eggplant steak by Chef Guillaume Sanchez
there Recipe starIt’s eggplant, so choose it wisely: Prefer organic eggplant Medium sized, with very shiny and firm skin!
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups of thick cream
- 1 small cup of cognac
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- olive oil
Steps to make an eggplant slice according to Chef Guillaume Sanchez
For this recipe, The chef uses food string to tie the eggplant Like a leg of lamb. This allows the eggplant to firm up and not dry out while cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Wash and peel the eggplantWe tie it like a leg of lamb, then put it in the oven for about twenty minutes. Press it regularly using the weight to release the juices during cooking. At the end of this pre-cooking, Keep the juice in a bowl Dry the eggplant carefully with a clean cloth.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat With a little olive oil and sauté the eggplant in it. When the first side starts to stick, melt it with a nice knob of butter and add the bay leaf and crushed garlic cloves. Turn it over and Sprinkle it with hot butter. When both sides are well coloured, keep the eggplant on the rack.
- Grease the pan with eggplant juice, add the pepper, then put the eggplant back in the pan and ignite it with cognac. Coat the eggplant with this juice and When it freezes wellRemove from pan.
- Add cream In the cooking juices and mix well.
Untie the eggplant and serve it in a deep dish sprinkled with pepper sauce. Treat yourself!