It is best to avoid eating raw eggplant, as it is not good for your health or your palate. Instead, discover how to cook eggplant in the pan, in the oven, in the microwave and on the grill.
From June to September, it is seasonEggplant. Stuffed, gratin, caviar… These vegetables can be enjoyed in many ways and can therefore be cooked in many ways. Which method should you choose next? We explain it to you here How to cook eggplant Depending on the devices you have.
to Cook a Fried eggplantYou should start by washing it, then cutting it into slices. If necessary, peel and drain the vegetables. Heat a frying pan with a drizzle ofolive oil And put the eggplant slices there. Add aromatic herbs and garlic if desired. Stir everything and turn the slices over with a spoon. time for to cook From eggplant to pan about 10 minutes. When it turns golden brown, stop cooking. You can put it on absorbent paper to prevent too much oil when tasting.
Can you cook eggplant in water?
Yes, it is entirely possible that Cook eggplant in water. Wash them and, if necessary, peel them, cut them into pieces and immerse them in a pot of boiling water. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Once cooked, drain and season the pieces.
If you have a steamer, you can Cook them Eggplant With steam. To do this, simply place the vegetables in the machine’s basket. No need to add fat, just add a little water and bring to a boil. The cooking time for steamed eggplant varies depending on whether it is whole, cut in half, or into pieces. For whole vegetables, let them sit for about 30 minutes and 20 to 25 minutes for cut eggplant.
Cooking Baked eggplant It’s very simple and varies depending on the cut of the vegetable:
- Bake eggplant cubes or slices in the oven : Place them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper or an ovenproof pan. Get rid of them if you wish. Bake it with olive oil and herbs.
- Bake the eggplant cut in half in the oven : Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Slice the meat with a sharp knife, being careful not to cut the skin. Add a little olive oil and spices. bread.
- Bake a whole eggplant in the oven : Wash and dry the vegetables, place them whole on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Flip them halfway through the cooking process. Leave the eggplant to cool, then remove the skin. You can use the meat to make eggplant caviar.
You can also add a little cheese (Parmesan cheesemozzarella, goat cheese…) on vegetables for eggplant and mushroom.
If you have a gas stove, you can Cook the eggplant directly on the fire. To do this, simply open the flame as much as possible and put the whole (washed) eggplant in it. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring with a spatula. Turn off the heat and let the eggplant cool. All you have to do is cut them lengthwise and scrape the flesh off the vegetables.
to Cooking eggplant BarbecueIt is better to empty them. You can also soak them for richer flavors. You will then have to place the eggplant slices or circles on the barbecue grill and cook them for 5 minutes on each side.
If you don’t have an oven or pressure cooker to steam eggplant, here you go A very practical alternative. To do this, all you need is a microwave and an extra 20 minutes! Here’s how to cook whole eggplant in the microwave very simply. The good news: You won’t even have to No need to peel them !
- Wash the eggplant well with clean water.
- Poke them Using a fork.
- Place them in a microwave-safe dish. Choose it wide enough To prevent the eggplants from touching each other.
- Cooked in 1000 watts for 10 minutes. Flip them over and continue cooking 10 additional minutes.
That’s it ! For this method, Choose organic eggplant.
there The quickest way to cook eggplant is in the microwave. Start by washing the eggplant and then cutting it in half. Cut the meat into squares without cutting the skin. Place the eggplant halves in a microwave-safe dish. Add a drizzle of olive oil and herbs. Add a tablespoon or two soup of water in the dish. Cook the eggplant for 4 to 5 minutes at full power. If necessary, restart cooking for another minute.
Eggplant is cooked when its flesh is tender. To be sure, just stick a knife or fork into it.