Do you know how to clean a silicone baking mat properly? We offer you 4 effective techniques.
If you are passionate about cooking and baking, you probably use a silicone baking mat regularly. This tool is very practical because it does not require the use of fat, does not stick, replaces parchment paper, and lasts for a long time. If the list of advantages is long, so is the list of disadvantages. Among the burnt pieces, stains and dirt, Clean up food residues properly It is a priority to be able to use your rug for as long as possible. We offer you 4 effective tips for washing your silicone surface.
Soap and water for regular maintenance
This is a simple and easy tip that you can do regularly to maintain your carpet properly.
- Fill the sink with very hot water,
- Add a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid,
- Using plastic gloves, scrub the silicone surface to remove residue.
- Leave it to soak for a maximum of one hour.
- Use the sponge to complete the cleaning process.
- Rinse well with clean water,
- Dry the carpet using a cloth.
White vinegar to remove residues and odors
White vinegar is well known and recognized for its cleaning properties, and it is a natural product that effectively disinfects. In addition, white vinegar removes unpleasant odors. Your carpet will be like new!
- In a bowl, dilute a few tablespoons of white vinegar in hot water.
- Using the soft part of the sponge, make small circles on the carpet,
- Repeat the process until the carpet is clean.
- Rinse the carpet under clean water,
- Dry it using a clean cloth.
Baking soda for stubborn stains
Some tasks for you. Withstands? Don’t panic, baking soda has not said the last word in eliminating stubborn stains.
- Mix a little baking soda with water until you get a sticky paste.
- Apply the material to the carpet and gently rub it with the non-abrasive part of the sponge in small circles.
- Apply the rest of the paste on the carpet and leave it for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse well with clean water, and remove any residue with a sponge.
Dishwasher as a last resort
if Cleaning your silicone baking mat by hand is the preferred solution. There are circumstances in the kitchen where we must ask for the good service of the dishwasher. Silicone is a material that resists very high temperatures (about 260 degrees Celsius)Therefore, it can be placed in the dishwasher provided that you use a tablet or dish detergent that does not contain bleach. In fact, bleach is very abrasive and can damage the tool. Try to place it flat on top of the dishwasher or at least bend it as little as possible. The material is certainly flexible but it is not designed to twist in all directions.