Who said gravy can’t be delicious? With his recipe, Chef Juan Arbelaez shows you that broth can be really healthy and hearty… Discover his recipe!
When we feel the first autumn frosts, we want dishes that warm the body and heart. The broth, which is rich in multiple health benefits, is quite capable of accomplishing this task delicately. Yes, Broth is not necessarily synonymous with diet Or restriction! Proof of this is Juan Arbelaez’s truly comforting broth recipe.
Ingredients for Juan Arbelaez Duck Broccolini Broth
The chef here uses confit duck legs, but you can also use them A good tin of duck confit If you can’t find the whole thighs.
- 2 confit duck legs
- 2 leeks
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 zucchini
- 4 islands
- 5 broccolini
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- 1 handful of mushrooms (oyster mushrooms, button mushrooms, etc.)
- Fresh herbs (coriander, Thai basil, arugula) + a little for dressing
- 1 packet of turmeric
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds
- 1 organic lemon
- Salt, pepper
Steps for Duck Stock and Broccolini by Juan Arbelaez
For this recipe, feel free to adjust the vegetables according to the seasons. For example, in spring, add peas or replace zucchini with leeks in winter!
- In a large pot, brown the duck with its fat.
- Cut garlic and gingerCut the leeks. Cut the carrots, zucchini and broccolini into small cubes.
- Brown everything in the pan with the fat from the duck confit. Brown for a few minutes. Cut the oyster mushrooms in half and add them to the pan.
- Once the duck is well caramelized-Recover her flesh to make it shredded.
- Add coarsely chopped fresh herbs to the pan, turmeric, soy sauce and add water.
- Leave it to simmer for at least 30 minutesOr better, 1 hour. Add the broccolini heads during the last 5 minutes of cooking so they stay crispy.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
Arrange mushroom slices and crispy broccolini. Some fresh herbs Pour the broth over it. Treat yourself!