To accompany pasta, on top of bruschetta, our homemade tomato sauce will brighten up your recipes all year round. Here’s how to make tomato coles like in Italy!
before their season ends Laurent Marriott Put the tomatoes in a bowl! But not anyway! On the set of Small Dishes in the Scales broadcast on TF1prepares the collie for you according to the rules of art: there PassataTomato coulis, the real Italian way. Passataliterally means past, Because the tomatoes are run through a machine to recover all their juice and pulp without the skin. Here, Laurent Marriott adds two cents to the classic recipe: He adds unexpected spices that pair well with tomatoes… Discover his recipe!
Ingredients for Italian tomato sauce from Laurent Marriott
To soften the tomatoes, Laurent Marriott adds a dash of cayenne pepper…and turmeric! Yes, this spice brings out the fruity side of tomatoes very well! Here are the quantities you will need to prepare 4 large jars or 6 small ones. For this recipe, you need very ripe but undamaged tomatoes.
- 3 kilos of very ripe tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 packet of turmeric
- 15 cl of olive oil
- 1 piece of very dry bread
- Coarse gray salt, split pepper
Steps to make Italian tomato sauce from Laurent Marriott
For this recipe, Laurent Mariotte uses trays instead of jars so you can easily freeze them, but you can also choose jars to sterilize.
- Wash the tomatoes and remove their stems, then cut them into quarters. Pass them through a potato masher Or in a vegetable mill over a salad bowl. If you don’t have one, use a fine sieve and a fork.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil. Peel and grate the garlic Above and add rosemary and turmeric. Roast for 2 to 4 minutes. Pour the tomato pulp into the casserole dish, add the coarse salt, the split pepper and the piece of bread. Mix everything and Let the soup gently simmer for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Take out the piece of bread Likewise rosemary sprigs, check the seasoning and leave to cool. Pour collies into freezer-safe trays.
- If you wish to store collies in jars: Fill clean sterilization jars. Put it in the sterilizer, cover it with water and bring it to a boil. Boil for an hour and then let it cool in the sterilizer. Store in a dry place away from light and use for at least one year.