Cooking show host and chef Luana Belmondo brings you her sweet and sour recipe for Carrot Tarte Tatin, an original idea to take carrots out of the ordinary in the kitchen. Discover his recipe!
Everyday cooking is simple and affordableHere is the doctrine of the last book My simple and inexpensive kitchen Signed by Luana Belmondo, Editions Le Cherche midi. In this work he gives pride of place to plants, a chapter is devoted to carrot, a ground vegetable that is not very sharp and is delicious when well cooked. Here, Luana Belmondo imagined a wonderful carrot tart, which is easier to prepare than onions or cherry tomatoes, but just as delicious! Especially since the recipe Also includes caramelized onions…”My mother is from Veneto, where white onions are a very present ingredient as well as carrots from Chioggia. With this recipe, I wanted to combine the memory of Della Mamma’s Kitchen with a classic French cuisine: tarte tatin“, explains Luana Belmondo. Something tells us this recipe might just be it Makes even the pickiest eaters love carrots…
Ingredients needed to prepare Tarte Tatin from Luana Belmondo
Below are the quantities you will need to treat 4 people.
- 1 short pastry dough
- 1 kg of carrots
- 4 white onions
- 2 packets of cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- olive oil
- Salt, pepper
Steps to make tarte tatin from Luana Belmondo
For this recipe, you will need a cutting board, vegetable peeler, sharp knife, frying pan, frying pan, and pie pan.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Peel the carrots and Cut it into pieces 3 cm long.
- Blanch the carrots in a pot of boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes. sink.
- In a frying pan, brown the thinly sliced onions in olive oil. Deglaze with balsamic vinegar afterwards Add 1 tablespoon of cane sugar and the thyme sprigs. Season with salt and pepper, cover and leave to marinate for ten minutes. If necessary, add a little water.
- Grease a tart tin, then sprinkle the bottom with the remaining cane sugarThen arrange the carrot pieces vertically, straight up. This thin layer of sugar will allow the carrots to gently caramelize in the oven.
- Cover with the onion compote, and place the shortcrust pastry on top, folding the edges tightly inward. Grease it with olive oil.
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes at 180°C.
Wait for the pie to cool before turning it over.Serve with a Sauce made with fresh cream, lemon peel and chopped chives“This fresh and tangy sauce will provide the perfect contrast to the sweetness of the caramelized carrots,” advises Luana Belmondo.