Chef Philippe Echebeste gives you all his tips for mastering this wonderful classic French pastry. Here are his tips for making the perfect pastry pie!
Do you dream of knowing how to prepare a Custard pastries Soft, with a crunchy, slightly caramelized dough like in a bakery? Philippe Etchebest gives you all the keys to get there! Here, the chef chooses to prepare the pies using homemade shortcrust pastry which is very easy to make. His little secret? Caramel Fast cooking ! As for the device, it’s about making classic pastry cream, but achieved to perfection. There is nothing complicated about this, just follow the steps! Discover the recipe step by step Philip Achebest To make the perfect pie!
Pie Pastry Ingredients by Philippe Etchebest
Below are the components that need to be treated 4 to 6 gourmand.
- A piece of melted butter
- 1 packet of sugar
For pastry cream:
- 5 egg yolks
- 100 grams of fine sugar
- 70 grams of flour
- 45 centiliters of milk
- 25 centiliters of liquid cream
- Vanilla seeds (optional)
For short dough:
- 200 grams flour (T55)
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 cl of water
- 2 pinch of salt
- 100 grams of softened butter
Preparing Pie Pastry by Philippe Etchebest
Before starting the recipe, take the butter out of the refrigerator so it can soften when preparing the short crust dough.
- Preparing the pastry cream: Heat the milk, cream and vanilla seeds in a saucepan until boiling. In a salad bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until they turn white. Add sugar and whisk. Pour half of the milk-cream mixture into the salad bowl and mix well. Transfer the contents of the salad bowl to the pot using a spoon. Whisk vigorously until the mixture begins to boil. When the first bubbles appear, remove it from the heat and leave it to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Preparing the short dough: In the bowl of a food processor, put the flour and add the melted butter, water, salt and egg yolk. Mix with the mixer on medium speed. The resulting dough should be soft If it is too hard, add a little water. Form a ball and spread it slightly on a floured work surface. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- On a plate pastry shop Using parchment paper, make a circle about 20 cm in diameter and 5 cm high. Grease the bottom and edges of the circle with a little melted butter Sprinkle with sugar. Press the dough into a circle, pressing the edges well, and cut off the excess with a thin knife. Prick the bottom with a fork.
- We pour the cream over the dough and bake it 30-35 minutes at 200°C.