Chef Philippe Echebeste teaches you how to make the perfect pastry cream every time. Discover his recipe and all his tips to prepare it easily!
Yes custardMore than a recipe, it is a dose of comfort that we taste with a teaspoon. Served simply with fresh strawberries and a few flakes of almonds, it turns into a delicious dessert. Custard is one of the basic recipes that we should all master. It is also preparation Needed to make the famous pie pastry. Simple and easy to prepare if you know its secrets, custard is within the reach of all budding chefs! Here’s how Succeed every timewith recipe Philip Achebest.
Philippe Echebest’s no-fail pastry cream ingredients
Below are the ingredients you will need to prepare custard for four people.
- 5 egg yolks
- 100 grams of fine sugar
- 70 grams of flour
- 45 centiliters of milk
- 25 centiliters of liquid cream
- Vanilla pod seeds (optional)
Do not throw away the whites, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days and up to a month in the freezer.
Prepare the never-fail pastry cream from Philippe Etchebest
For this recipe, equip yourself with a frying pan, a large salad bowl, a whisk, a spoon, and a good apron!
- Heat the milk and cream With vanilla seeds in a saucepan until boiling.
- In a salad bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture turns white.
- Add sugar and whisk.
- Pour half of the milk and cream mixture into the salad bowl And it whisked.
- Transfer the contents of the salad bowl to the pot using a spoon.
- Whisk with energy Until the mixture starts boiling.
- When the first bubbles appear, remove it into a bowl away from the heat.
Enjoy hot custard, or Remove immediately upon contact to prevent crusting If you reserve it for later.