Fall is here, so what better way to welcome it than with the warm flavors of pumpkin and the sweet crackle of caramel? This upside down cake combines the two flavors of fall perfectly and reminds you, with every bite, of the golden leaves of this beautiful season. fascinated by? We’ll let you discover the recipe!
a cake With pumpkinDid you say? Yes, yes, since autumn is the season of bountiful harvests, where pumpkins take center stage, we have revealed their warm colors and delicate flavors to you through Delicious recipe : Pumpkin and caramel upside down cake. This version isIt’s a perfect fall interpretation of the classic upside-down cake. Imagine its soft texture and smooth, sweet coating… yum!
Pumpkin and caramel upside down cake ingredients
Without further ado, let’s head behind the scenes… What makes this cake an autumnal delight? Answer: The exact measurements of these components (note):
- 100 grams of sugar
- 50 ml of water.
- 200g pumpkin puree (you can use pumpkin or squash);
- 180 grams of flour
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of sugar
- 80 grams of butter
- 1/2 bag of yeast;
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon;
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg;
- 1 pinch of salt.
Steps to prepare pumpkin and caramel upside down cake
Ingredients on hand, ready? Starting ! To enjoy a moist slice of this amazing cake, follow Step by Step From this recipe and everything will roll like a pumpkin.
- In a pot, put sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until the mixture turns amber.
- Distribute the caramel evenly in the bottom of a circular mold suitable for your oven.
Preparing pumpkin cake:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Cut the pumpkin into pieces and steam it until tender. Then blend it to get a smooth puree.
- In a bowl, mix flour, yeast, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture turns white. Add pumpkin puree and melted butter. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg and pumpkin mixture. Mix until you get a homogeneous dough. Pour the mixture into the mold over the caramel.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool for a few minutes in the pan, then invert it onto a serving plate.
Want to intensify the fall flavors of your cake? Roast the pumpkin chunks to add a light roasted flavor that goes great with the caramel. Upside down cake is ready to enjoy!