The young chef with a strong personality prepares a Caesar salad without meat, but far from being devoid of flavour! Discover his super delicious recipe.
Louise Porat It is located on top of two restaurants in Lisbon: the gourmet restaurant Boubou’s and It is a street food twin bobo club sandwich. In the street food section, the chef collects leftover ingredients from the gourmet restaurant to turn them into gourmet, zero-waste dishes! Here the chef shares with you authority The vegetarian Caesar served at Boubou’s Sandwich Club. recipe in his image, Generous, with distinctive flavours !
Vegan Caesar Salad Ingredients Louise Porat
Here, the chef replaces the chicken with a plant-based protein: smoked tofu! An interesting alternative nutritionally, but also in terms of taste! The latter brings a delicately smoky flavor and plenty of crunch to the salad.
- 250 grams of smoked tofu
- 3 cases cornstarch
- 2 boxes of flour
- 4 cups of soy sauce
- Panko bread crumbs
- 1 large sugar
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
For the sauce:
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 250 ml of vegetable oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 15 ml of white wine vinegar
- 3 drops of Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 75 grams of grated parmesan
- Salt, pepper
Vegetarian Caesar Salad Steps by Louise Porat
The secret to a good Caesar salad? The sauce! One thing is certain, what Louise Porat proposed will not leave anyone indifferent. (Take off the hat!)
- Soak the tofu in soy sauce for 10 minutes. In a salad bowl, mix two tablespoons of cornstarch with two tablespoons of soy and two tablespoons of water. Next, dust the tofu with a little flour Dip them in the soy sauce and cornstarch mixture. Finally, dip them in breadcrumbs before frying. Let it cool, then cut it into slices.
- Prepare the sauce : Start by preparing the mayonnaise base by whisking the egg yolks, mustard, and vinegar together. Then add the oil in a drizzle while continuing to whisk. Add garlic and chopped anchoviesLemon juice, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce. Season and sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Add water to the sauce to soften it.
- Cut the saccharin into quarters and the cherry tomatoes into halves.
Make some Introducing crispy tofu And the tomatoes between the leaves, then put the sauce on top and grate a little Parmesan to finish. it’s ready !