Tender meatballs, served in a sauce coated with an incomparable taste and comfort. Discover the secret recipe for Swedish meatballs!
Who hasn’t succumbed to the magic of IKEA meatballs at least once? This is accompanied by glaze and a refreshing cranberry jam An iconic dish from the Swedish brand It marked the childhood of many of us. What if we made these dumplings ourselves? This is the brilliant idea of former master chef Alexia Duchin. On her Instagram account, the young chef is busy behind the stove bringing us more delicious recipes It is easy to replicate at home ! Here is his recipe for Swedish meatballs.
Ingredients for Alexia Duchêne’s Swedish Meatballs
For this recipe, ask your butcher to provide ground beef and pork.
- 500 grams of minced beef
- 500 grams of minced pork
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- white pepper
- 50 grams of panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 60 ml full fat milk
For the sauce:
- 40 grams of unsalted butter
- 40 grams of flour
- 500 ml of beef broth
- 45 ml of soy sauce
- 120 ml of fresh cream
- 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
Alexia Duchêne’s Swedish Meatballs Preparation Steps
For this recipe, you will need a large salad bowl, a large baking tray lined with parchment paper, a skillet, a whisk, and a spoon Wash hands well !
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- in a large salad bowl, Hand blended minced pork and beef.
- Add chopped onions, and minced garlicground white pepper and panko bread crumbs and mix well. Then add the egg and milk. We form the meatballs by hand and put them on the baking tray.
- Bake the meatballs 15-20 minutes at 220 Celsius.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter to make a roux: add the flour and salt continuously whisked until it blushes a little.
- Add hot beef brothSoy sauce, cream, mustard and let it thicken.
Serve the meatballs with mashed potatoes, make a hole in them and pour over the sauce, adding little touches Lingonberry jamit’s ready !