Better than French toast or toast, this chef upcycles old bread into a seriously delicious cake (yes, really). Discover Chef Julien Dupuy’s anti-waste recipe.
Bread that I bought 3 days ago Looks really boring And you don’t have anything else to eat? The chef at BOULOM (the bakery where we eat) offers you the solution on a plate: his cake zucchiniAnd feta and mint and… stale bread! By recycling dry bread in the cake maker, The chef managed to make everything smooth. Here is the recipe for Julien Dupuy.
Ingredients for Julienne Dupuis Zucchini and Old Fashioned Bread Cake
You can of course change the ingredients of this recipe With other vegetables, depending on the season. The basics to remember are bread, milk, eggs and natural yoghurt.
- 1 crusty bread cut into small cubes
- 1 red pepper
- 3 small zucchini
- 1 tomato
- Half a liter of milk
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt, pepper
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
- 1 block of feta
- 1 egg
- 1 natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch of mint
Steps to prepare Julienne Dupuis zucchini and old-fashioned bread cake
To make a very soft cake with stale bread, the chef soaks it in milk beforehand, which is what happens Basic step Which will make it possible to achieve Really soft cake. For this recipe, you will need a large salad bowl, a mandoline or grater, a spider and a cake pan.
- In a salad bowl, mix the bread pieces with the chopped garlic clove and spelette pepper. Add the milk, salt, pepper, and mix well. Place it in the refrigerator while the bread soaks. Some money.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Wash the zucchini and Cut it into slices with a mandoline Or grate them. Cut the pepper and tomatoes into small cubes. Do the same with the feta mass. Mix everything together in a salad bowl.
- Collect the soaked pieces of bread with the spider and add them to the salad bowl. then, Add yogurt, eggs and olive oilCrushed fresh mint leaves and mix well.
- Line a cake pan with baking paper, then pour the mixture into it.
- Bake it for 45 minutes at 180°C.
That’s it ! You can serve this cake hot with a few salad leaves or Cold, to accompany tomato salad!