NE/SO’s chef shares all his secrets to making fish and chips worthy of a Michelin-starred restaurant. Discover his recipe to fool your guests!
Who says fish and chips can’t be an upscale dish? of course no William Sanchez ! Head chef at the starred restaurant NE/SO in Paris Revisits this staple of iconic British cuisine In the gourmet version. Here is his recipe.
Delicious fish and chips prepared by Chef Guillaume Sanchez
In this recipe, the chef wraps the fish in cake batter and adds 30% mashed potatoes to it. But here, the idea is simplified with quick gnocchi dough.
- 1 plate of potato starch
- 1 plate of panko bread crumbs
- 1 handful of sesame seeds
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 turbot fillet
- Neutral oil
For the sauce:
- 1 can of trout eggs
- 2 pickles
- 4 cans of raw cream
For the dough:
- 1 large potato, mashed
- 1 egg yolk
- 125 grams of flour
Steps to prepare delicious fish and chips by Chef Guillaume Sanchez
To prepare this fish and chips, you will need three deep dishes for beaten eggs, starch and breadcrumbs and a frying pan.
- Spread the dough on a floured work surface and roll it out Cut out a circle using a round cookie cutter. Place the turbot fillet in the middle, wet the edges of the dough and fold it over. Pinch the ends to seal and roll into a sausage.
- Roll the sausages straight In the beaten egg mixtureIn starch, again in beaten eggs, then in bread crumbs mixed with sesame seeds.
- Heat a frying pan with neutral oil and immerse the pudding in it When you start shaking. Once well browned, set aside on a plate covered with absorbent paper for 4-5 minutes.
- Cut the pickles into brunoise pieces, add them to the raw cream, then cut them into slices Finished with trout eggs.
Serve the fried fish with the sauce and enjoy!