Are you a fan of Gratin Dauphinois and are you really pressed for time on weekday evenings? We offer you to revisit the original recipe that will save you precious minutes in the kitchen.
Nothing sparks the warmth of a family meal more than Gratin dauphinois ! This is amazing Traditional recipe, passed down from our grandmothers, entices the entire table with its creamy and comforting side. It is a truly timeless classic, and has earned a favored place among French favourites. But, what if you’re in a hurry and want to make this recipe your own? potatoes creamy? here Express version From the famous Dauphiné gratin to delight your loved ones in no time.
Gratin Dauphinois Ingredients: Exact measurements for four people
To prepare authentic gratin dauphinois, you only need a very few basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Here are the basics of this recipe:
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 33 cl of milk
- 33 cl of liquid cream;
- 1 garlic clove;
- 50 grams of butter
- 1 pinch of nutmeg.
Steps to prepare Gratin Dauphinois: the detailed recipe for a flawless result
Let us now move on to preparing Gratin Dauphinois. Follow these particularly easy step-by-step steps to ensure a delicious result.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into approximately 3mm slices.
- Spread it on a clean cloth, sprinkle 10 to 15 grams of salt and then 4 or 5 turns of a pepper grinder. Using your hands, gently massage the potatoes to provide this seasoning well.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a boil with a peeled and coarsely crushed garlic clove.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the potatoes, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the liquid cream and a good pinch of nutmeg and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring regularly and gently.
- Pour the potatoes into a plate Gratin Butter and cover with a few knobs of butter.
- Finally, pour water halfway into a larger dish, then place the gratin dish in the middle to cook in the water bath. Preheat the oven and bake at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes to get a beautiful golden color.
So ! In 10 minutes (excluding cooking)I have prepared a Super soft gratin dauphinois! This smart visit including A Pre-cook in boiling milk Delicious just like the traditional recipe. Good appetite !