Marble cake is always a popular snack, especially when you can make it so soft. For a perfectly textured marble cake, here’s a chef tip you should know!
A great snack is essential, Marble cake is one of… cake Children’s favorite (And older children). Making it is no more complicated than a classic cake: all you have to do is prepare the cake dough, divide it into two parts and color one of them. cacao In powder. Leave the other half plain or vanilla flavored. Thus we get two marble colors! Unfortunately, to get the smooth texture of marbled pastry cakes or the famous Savannah, it’s not always that simple. In reality, Marble cake cooks for a long time in the oven and can sometimes get dry. Often, we notice that the cocoa bits become drier in the mouth. To avoid this, there is a little secret for chefs…
How do you make a really moist marble cake?
So that the marble cake stays soft afterwards to cookIt’s about adding an item to the device. An ingredient that recipes don’t always mention Otherwise, it doesn’t contain large enough quantities! Julie Andreu, also known as The Notebooks Julie explains it to you : “To bring her incomparable softnessYou need to add a good dose of liquid cream“. Before dividing the dough into two parts, you must loosen the machine with it Liquid cream ! This step is necessary to ensure a smooth marble cake. Don’t skimp on quantities For example, a marble cake for 8 to 10 people contains 300 grams precise230 grams of sugar, 180 grams of butter and 2 eggs. It will be necessary to merge 25 cl Of liquid cream.
Steps to follow to make a truly moist marble cake
For this recipe, remember to preheat the oven to 190°C on a constant heat, especially non-rotating heat. The latter can also contribute to drying out your marble cake!
- Butter and flour a Mold The length of the cake is about 27 cm.
- Beat 180 grams of soft butter with 2 tablespoons of liquid vanilla and 230 grams of butter. sugar. When the mixture is smooth, add 2 eggs, add 300 grams of T55 flour mixed with 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- When the flour is well combined, Add liquid cream to rest the dough Add a little fine salt.
- Pour half the amount of dough (600 g) into another bowl and add two tablespoons of cocoa to it until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Place the dough in the mold, alternating between its layers chocolate And vanilla. Press the mold onto the work surface to distribute the dough evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 190°C.
Turn out onto a rack and let cool before eating! You can keep the marble cake in a cool place for up to 5 days. By wrapping it in cling film.