Vendée brioche, a soft specialty of the Vendée, harmoniously combines flour, yeast, eggs, sugar, butter and flavours, often enhanced by rum or orange blossom. Discover the traditional recipe for this wonder with a golden crust and a tender heart.
At the heart of Vendée tradition is the legendary Vendée brioche. Known for its softness, tangy texture, golden appearance, buttery aroma and captivating aroma, this brioche is the pure expression of the rich heritage of the Pays de la Loire region of France. They are often shaped into a crown or braid, and have a golden rind and slightly yellow crumb, providing a soft, airy texture, typical of savory foods. Buttocks Classics.
But what is the difference between this brioche and the waste of the Vendée? The latter looks like an elongated loaf of bread, with a denser crumb, while still being tender. Although both types are prepared with similar ingredients such as flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and often rum or orange blossom, the swag features a greater proportion of butter. Thanks to its consistent texture, it is best used as toast, while Brioche Vendée is ideal for breakfast or a snack. Treat yourself to the best traditional recipes, easy and quick to prepare, for true Vendée brioche.
Brioche Vendée Ingredients
This sweet gem from Vendée is made with basic ingredients we generally have at home. The combination of butter, eggs and delicate aromas forms its inimitable character. Here is the list of ingredients and exact sizes to bring this wonder to life:
- 1 kg of flour
- 230 grams of sugar
- 150 grams of butter
- 50 grams of baker’s yeast
- 3 eggs
- 25 centiliters of milk
- 3 tablespoons of fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom water
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk for gilding
Detailed preparation steps for preparing traditional Vendée brioche
Making Vendée brioche is a journey through ancient pastry rituals. Every step, from rising the dough to golden browning, is essential to getting that smooth texture. Find out the detailed process below:
- In a saucepan, boil the milk with vanilla and leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, put the flour, salt, eggs, sugar and softened butter into pieces.
- Mix everything together and gradually add 20 cc of milk.
- In another bowl, dissolve the yeast in 5 cl of milk. Add the brandy, orange blossom and crème fraîche.
- Add this preparation to the dough and work everything together. Cover it and leave it for 6 hours in a warm place.
- Dust a baking tray with flour, divide the dough into 3 sausages, then place them on the baking tray. Leave it to rise for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (thermostat 6).
- Brush the brioche with the beaten egg yolk and bake for 45 minutes for perfect cooking!
Brioche Fendi is much more than just a pastry; It is a reflection of the Vendée’s rich and gourmet heritage. When you taste it, you taste the tradition and knowledge of this beautiful region in every bite.